Friday, September 4, 2009

No Posts

It's been almost a month since I posted anything. I can't use this in the future if there's nothing here, so here it goes...

A few Monday's ago (Aug 17th) was the first "cool" lunch run I had in forever. Thanks to tropical storm Ana, there was a nice breeze, lots of clouds, and a little cool rain. The rest of the week was about 10 degrees cooler than normal. There's lots of hot summer left, but the taste of fall is motivation.

August 23rd I slept in, went to church, then tried to figure out how I was going to do a long run in the middle of the day. Decided it would be best to split into two runs. The first run felt great. I ran 9 miles in the afternoon in Aug, and my shoes were not soaked after 4 miles. Amazing. The 2nd run felt even better. My 2nd to last mile I let myself coast down a hill, and I didn't slow down when it leveled out. 7:00min/mi. For the last mile I went ahead and pushed the pace to a 6:20. Incredible. I didn't think I was capable of that at this time.

This weekend I would like to test my nutrition with a 5 hour ride followed by a 2 hour run. It will help my confidence to know that I can provide the needed calories on the run without upsetting my stomach. Roctane worked in my marathon, and Infinit worked for long rides, so I'll try to put the two together.

No comments: