Thursday, March 26, 2009

Road Trip

2 weeks from my marathon I spent the weekend driving nearly 2000 miles.

Thursday - In the morning I ran with the 6 @ 6 group. After work I started driving to Ohio. That night I slept in the car at a rest stop because I'm too cheap to get a hotel. Next time I need to bring a blanket because covering up with extra shirts and sweatpants is not effective. I slept supprising well from 11:00 to 2:00, then drove for an hour and slept again from 3:00 to 7:00.

Friday was all driving. At one point I stopped long enough for a 10 min easy run. It's tough to do a workout without sweating, but I tried.

Saturday - No training. Drove from Lima to Fremont to Massillon filling up a rental truck. Went to bed about 1:00 and got up at 6:00.

Sunday - Woke up tired and no training for the 3rd day in a row. Drove from 6:00am till after midnight.

Monday - 6 miles at lunch, then another 14 miles after work. Went right to bed after the 14 miles instead of getting an ice bath. Tuesday and Wednesday I felt the soreness from skipping the ice bath.

No comments: